For healthy living week this week we’re delighted to share this nutritional and delicious salad written by Bee Moor member, Katherine.
Serves 4 people
8 Chicken thighs or 4 fillets
1 small or half a large butternut squash
1 small sweet potato
1 dessertspoon of harissa paste
2 cloves of garlic
Half a teaspoon of garam masala
Olive oil or spray cooking oil
Handful of walnuts
Handful of sultanas (optional)
Cubed feta (optional)
Salad leaves of your choice (I use two bags of baby leaf salad)
- Cut the chicken, squash and potato into bitesized cubes.
- Place into a large bowl with the garlic (chopped), the harissa paste and the garam masala. Spray with cooking oil or add a tablespoon of olive oil if using.
- Mix thoroughly and leave to marinade for at least a few minutes (or maximum overnight).
- Place on a baking tray and cook until the juices in the chicken run clear.
- When cooked, put the salad leaves on the plates*
- Add the hot ingredients and juices to the salad leaves.
- Sprinkle your walnuts (and feta/sultanas, if using) on top of the dish.
Pro tip – If you bake the chicken in one of those big ceramic lasagne dishes, you can just toss the salad leaves through it and serve the whole thing as-is.
Photo by Klara Avsenik on Unsplash
What’s your favourite healthy recipe? Comment below to share your tips.